Sunday, January 15, 2017

Uncle Dick


 I just got news that my Uncle Dick passed away this week. He was the last of his generation in my family. He is in the white shirt on the right in this picture. Next to him is his dad, Ted Welling Sr. Ted Welling Jr. is holding my hand. The building behind us is Paradise Lodge on Mt. Rainier. This was probably taken the summer of 1955.
My first memories of Uncle Dick were that he was a cool bachelor. He was always dating a different girl. He went skiing and had a neet car. Then he met Aunt Teddy. Then I got some more cousins to play with under the dinner table. Uncle Dick was always patient and asked me how school was going. He listened and was interested. I haven't been connected with him in a while, but I have always believed that if I ever needed something, he would be there for me. He taught me about "family" and now I'm carrying that on.

No comments: